I’ve been part of the wireless industry for 20 years (a total of 31 years in networking and software), and I’ve never experienced such momentum behind a company and its technology. So far, this year has been beyond the wildest of speculations and expectations. For those of you who know me well, and the companies I have had the privilege of being part of, then you know this is special.
Cohere took on one of the biggest problems: improve spectrum resources with our Spectrum Multiplier software for Open Radio Access Networks and existing 4G and 5G mobile networks. We are fortunate to have the support from some great partners in Vodafone, Intel, VMware and Telstra Ventures.
This year the industry is indeed taking notice.
- Cohere was shortlisted for GSMA’s Global Mobile Award for “Best Mobile Technology Breakthrough” in Barcelona. In 2020 Cohere was the winner of “Best Network Software Breakthrough”.
- Cohere shortlisted for Light Reading’s Leading Lights Award for “Best New Open RAN Product”.
- Cohere’s Chairman and CEO, Ray Dolan, listed in Light Reading’s “The 5G 50 to Watch“.
- VMware and Cohere announced the two companies are bringing intelligent, cloud native applications to Open RAN.
- Vodafone announced that Cohere’s technology doubled the capacity of its 5G Open RAN site, compared to traditional MIMO, with partners Intel, VMware and Cap Gemini.
It did not hurt our cause that $81+ Billion was raised in the recent US C-block auction which underscores the importance of new and existing spectrum assets, something that our CEO (Ray Dolan) stressed in his most recent blog. And this week, FCC is raising $ Billions from its auction of 100 MHz of 3.45GHz to 3.55GHz band.
To help support our momentum, field trials and growing eco system of partners, we are hiring more engineers and adding people to our leadership team. I’m very pleased to officially announce the following three additions to the Cohere team.
- Yoav Hebron rejoins Cohere as our Vice President of Standards. Yoav has more than 30 years’ experience in various roles related to wireline and wireless communications, as well as proven experiences with IEEE and 3GPP
- Christian Derrick joins as Cohere’s Head of Sales for South Asia. Christian has over 20 years of fixed, mobile and enterprise wireless experience. He previously held senior roles with Cisco, Vodafone, Flarion Technologies, Qualcomm, SpiderCloud Wireless, and most recently, NetComm Wireless (a company acquired by Casa Systems).
- Art King joins our team as our Director of Product Management and Marketing. Art is well known as a small cell and enterprise expert. He brings three decades of wireless, wireline, enterprise and IT experiences to Cohere. Art joins us from Corning where he was an integral part of the SpiderCloud Wireless team.
Also happy to have a long-time friend, colleague and field engineering expert, Jim Vincent, join us at Cohere.
Please join us in welcoming these industry pros to team Cohere.
More great news is underway. Stay tuned. We will share more in due time.
Until then, keep an eye out for Cohere at upcoming industry events and follow us on Twitter @Cohere_4G_5G
SVP/CMO & Business Development